My name is George Crudo. Im a digital sculptor, character artist and software engineer located in Orlando, FL. I am currently working full time as a Toy Designer for McFarlane Toys.
Honors and Awards
Breath of the Wild Zelda - Artstation Staff Pick
Star Fox Team - Artstation Staff Pick and Featured on the Front Page of Polycount - November 2019
Banjo Kazooie Fan Art - Featured in Kotaku - March 2019
Road Warrior - Featured in Zbrush Central Top Row January 2019 and PolyCount Recap October 2018
Masahiro Sakurai Amiibo - Featured in Kotaku and Destructoid December 2018
Laura Concept Sculpt - Featured in Polycount Recap - June 2018
Game of Thrones Wooden Stag - Featured on the Pixologic Blog July 2017
Schierke - Featured in a ZbrushCentral Highlight for May 2017
Tracer Fan Art - Featured on the Front Page of Polycount - July 2016
Creating Appealing Characters with Dylan Ekren
Anatomy for Artists Online with Scott Eaton
Portraiture & Facial Anatomy with Scott Eaton
Character Creation For Games with Adam Skutt
Unreal Engine 4 Mastery: Create Multiplayer Games with C++
3D Printing for Artists with Joseph Drust
Character Sculpting in Zbrush with Hossein Diba
Zbrush Certification Course with Ryan Kingslien
- Using Zbrush and 3Ds Max to engineer action figure joints, articulation and assembly for a variety of licensed toy products
- Creating digital sculptures in Zbrush for 3D Printed toys, figures, miniatures, and collectibles.
- Working with and maintaining my own personal 3D Printer. Creating 3D printed prototypes and individual final products through post-processing and painting.
- Mentoring artists offering critiques and one on one sessions to help them achieve goals on their projects
- Just Play - 10 chibi style 3" tall figurines from Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
-McFarlane Toys - Action Figure Toy Design - Creating joint articulation for various action figures
-Scripting 3D PBR assets in C# and JSON for Virtual Maintenance Trainers (VMT) in the Unity Game Engine
-Version Control through Microsoft Azure DevOps Server (TFS) using Git
• Working in the Unity Engine and scripting 3D assets using C#
• Integrating 3D PBR textured assets into Unity and PREPAR3D game engines
• Writing Maxscripts to help work with 3D assets more efficiently.
• 3D Modeling, UV mapping and retopologizing hard surface 3D Assets for training simulations utilizing Autodesk 3ds Max
• Texturing 3D assets using a PBR Workflow in Substance Painter, Quixel and Photoshop. Helping establish a PBR Content pipeline
• Working in the PREPAR3D flight simulator engine to add new features or fix bugs using C++
• Experience working with task tracking products Jira and Trac
• Research and development for military simulation applications for PC, Android and pioneering development for AR with the Microsoft HoloLens and AR in Unity w/ Vuforia
• Working in C++ and Java programming languages for Android applications
• Working with GIS data in Global Mapper, VBS2 and VBS3
Rotoscoping and compositing artist for Stereoscopic 3D using Mocha Tracking software and Shake and Nuke Compositing software
-3D modeling, UV mapping, texturing, rigging, animating and rendering promotional content using Maya and Adobe Photoshop.
-Working in a high paced production environment for feature films and managing work for 10+ employees.